Sunday, January 24, 2010

Google Part 1

What? We are learning about google. This week we are learning how to work with google docs ad presentations. This means we are learning how to create documents and view the over the web without having or needing a program running on your computer. All information is saved on the google mainframe.

So what? I am being a little redundant with this blog because I had the same assignment last semester. I think that google docs are great, and I do have more experience with them this time than I did last semester. The reason I know more now is because I do like it so much. I used Google Docs all the time for everything I could think of to use it. I taught my daughter how to use Google Docs. I like all the things I can do to share with others. One thing that makes me a little frustrated is the compatibility issue with other programs. It is also not reliable with the printer. I will finish a document and print it and it is all different from what the document said it would be. I have had to print preview and fix before I print. I guess it is worth it when I don't have to save it and carry a zip drive with me all the time. I am a fan of google and all it has to offer.

Now what? I do hope that google works out some of the quirks with the programs and printing compatibility. I will use google I am not a fan of blogging, but I am sure that blogging with blogger is better because it is a google based program. I will use google docs and presentations to assist me in my teaching. I will try and use them for my sixth graders and use them for writing and sharing activities. I am excited to see what I can do with google in the future.

Video I had ever heard the speech that The President gave a while back. I was interested in what was said. He was talking to all the students and pleading with them to be better and strive to learn. Education is not an interest to many of our students today. I am glad the President is making a stand to get the education in the nation built up with more incentive for the learning. The video was long, but I am a slow typist so I could listen while I typed. I liked it a lot.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great description...I enjoyed reading it.

    Although I enjoy your postings for the most part, I need to get a bit more from you with each posting. You need to have about 3-4 sentences for What? You need to have 2 paragraphs for So What? and 2 paragraphs for Now What? plus 1 paragraph for the video. The posting was somewhat shallow and therefore that is reflected in the grade you earned.

    ReplyDelete