Sunday, April 18, 2010

digital story 3

What? I have been learning a little bit more about digital stories. This week in class we learned how to use photo story. It was really easy to use, I was amazed at how easy it was. I expected to have more of a difficult time with the digital story. To be honest I was a little intimidated with the whole thing. I thought I was going to have a hard time finding all the things to put together. After going over photo story, I was able to see that it was actually quite simple. I even messed around with movie maker from Microsoft which was even better for entering in the sound and having it coordinate with the pictures. I don't know why I was worried about doing the story before hand.

So what? Well, I think the digital story is a great way of doing things to get students attention. It may not teach the whole story of a subject, but it definitely is a way to show the students the material with some emotion involved. I have had a fun time learning about the tools that are necessary to make a good digital story. It is not really that difficult to do a digital story. I thank with even a little more practice one could become quite efficient at it and could do a digital story for almost any topic that may be presented. It is a great way of showing material and having the students see it in a different aspect. Everyone likes movies and stories, right?

Now what? I have a goal of using much of what I have learned in the class. I want to use technology in my future classroom. I do understand that it is a supplemental use of knowledge, and I will not be able to use the all the things all the time. I will use digital stories on the topics that may be boring to most of the students. I could use it for Social Studies in sixth grade. In field we used actually thought about doing a digital story about Rome. We decided not to do it because it seemed like to big of a task for one lesson. We ended up doing a PowerPoint instead. Now that I think about it, the digital story would have been just as good. I will use one sometime in the near future in my classroom.

Video I think I have watched this video before, I did like it. I couldn't help thinking about how cool it would be if I walked through my house and ordered everyone around like he did. I think we are what we make ourselves in this day and age. In the past we could have slid by without really giving anything much of a try. If we did not want to do something with technology, we did not. Today there is no way we can do that. We need to jump at any opportunity to learn everything that will benefit our own future. Good video though!

No comments:

Post a Comment