Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lessons Learned

What lessons have I learned from the reading this week in class? I understand the great importance of having students use technology in the classroom as a resource for greater learning. I also realize that I will need to be prepared for the future of technological advance. The world of technology is not going to be the same in two years as it is now. The things that are happening now are just opening the door to greater things. I understand that to teach I must be prepared for it because I will be the one who shares what I know with the rest of the world, or at least children in my future classes. I know much more is being required to become teacher and that the demands of teachers are more now than ever before so i can' say I have not been ready for it or that it has come all at once. I guess I learned so much last semester that this is not new to me anymore. I don't feel the information really gave me any new information to process. I am excited about the future of education, but I am also scared because of the unknown.

I was glad to see that there is a NET Standards for educators because of all that is required in making education a success. If a teacher is not prepared for the future and has no desire to learn something different, he or she is going to hate teaching using the old methods without integrating technology into their classrooms. I have learned that I need to better my knowledge of many different technologies. Many things on the survey was pre-novice and many showed that I had next to little knowledge of computer skills. The survey showed me that integration was definitely an option for me and I have not even finished school yet. The difference between me and those who don't want to learn is that I want to learn and I know technology is most definitely needed in the classroom. I wonder where I have been all this time since I have been in school; why haven't I learned these things in life like the students I will be teaching knw them? I don't consider myself from a different age, but maybe I really don't know much. It makes the task of teaching even more daunting than I had ever imagined. I guess there is one thing I have learned by reading the information; I have learned that I need to work harder at being the kind of teacher everyone wants their child to have. I need to be a teacher who is cool because I know how to manage computers and could call myself knowledgable about tehnology, and I know how to mangage the students in the room as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment