Sunday, February 14, 2010

Webquest

What is web quest?

Web quest is a learning process that is created to send the students on a journey through some idea on the web that the teacher wants to be taught. We learned that we can create a web quest on the web in many different ways. We are going to do it with PowerPoint. We are assigned to do the project in teams, it will be a fun project to do. It is going to be very educational for those who will be reading it and it will be fun to do.

So what?

I believe the more things a teacher has under his or her belt to aid in the whole process the better. The web quest will be a great tool for the students. It will be fun to see how something I create can help the students to learn. It is not the same way of learning either, if a child can get the same information out of a textbook then how could a web quest not be a good idea. Plus the students can see that I could do something cool on the web that is helping with learning. The parents would be able to view what I have put there as well, they will be impressed that I am using technology in the classroom. I think it is a great idea for the students to have fun, but still be able to learn with deeper thinking skills.

Now what?

I will work to create many different web quests that I could incorporate into the curriculum. I think it is a great idea for the students to interact with some great adventures, and to think the adventures are created by me. I will learn how to implement all these things into my future teaching, by doing so I will be a cut above the rest of the teachers out there. I am glad to be in school and be able to learn many things I didn't know what to do before I started taking classes. I am learning a lot about technology that will aid in the classroom.

Video; Surface Computing

I think of the Tom Cruise movie when he touches the screen and drags items on the screen to another screen. This movie was supposed to be set in the way far future. It is amazing how it is even possible to have the things they do. This just blew my mind. Is it for real? I think that by placing a device on the screen and instantly syncing it by dragging pictures into it could never be possible. I have not seen a device like this in the stores, it said it would be by 2007. It is bizarre how technology can come so far and then what seems to be a movie comes to life for our daily use, Amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment