Sunday, February 7, 2010

Video; How not to use PowerPoint

I thought this was a hilarious video this week. The gentleman was not too far off base either, there are so many people using PowerPoint to tell the whole story. I think this is why the slides are only so big. If they were any bigger the rest of us looking at the presentation would go nuts with all the information being presented. I attended a job presentation which had so many different data slides that I seriously had to go outside and let my eyes rest for a time. I am a slow reader as well, so the slide would pass to the next one without me having read all the information on the slide; it kind of made me feel stupid. I think PowerPoint is a great tool for showing information, however, the information needs to be presented in a simple manner. PowerPoint is not to show how smart we are, it is to show how we can utilize a tool to help us be a better teacher or whatever career we choose to follow. I enjoy using the tool for my own personal use at home, and I plan on using PowerPoint to show information to parents during parent teacher conferences, showing students lectures, etc. The video was entertaining yet still very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment